Pennsylvania's Cleanest House Award!

I think I deserve to win the Pennsylvania Cleanest House Award! (if only there was such a thing!) ;) We've had so many showings on our house in the past 6-1/2 weeks! As of today, I believe we've had 23 showings and we have 5 more scheduled before Monday morning! That's 28 showings in 7 weeks! Something tells me that's not normal! LOL! The amazing thing is - nobody is interested! (that's almost embarrassing!) But we've had some really nice comments about the house, so I don't think it's not desirable - it's always either too small, too close to the road, wrong layout or just plain not what the buyer wants!

It's easy to get frustrated, but we're trying to remember that the Lord is in control and we've put it in His hands, so He has a reason for it! We're really praying that He allows someone to put an offer on the house within the next week. That would just be such a wonderful answer to prayer!

So please pray for our house to go under contract soon! We really need that to happen since we're moving in a little more than 3 weeks!

Also, pray for patience & endurance for me with these showings! I get so tired of them because I have to clean up the house as if we're having a "white glove" inspection at college (well maybe not quite that bad, but close!). That isn't so bad when Tom is home to help me, but like the one tonight, he was away at work & I had to do all the last minute touch-ups myself, bundle up the boys and walk down the block to the diner in the cold weather, sit there for an hour with a tired, fussy baby and a curious, slow-eating 3-yr. old, only to walk back home and find muddy footprints across my freshly vacuumed carpet! No, I'm really not complaining... it's just exhausting and some days I wonder how much longer I can take it... praying for patience & endurance! :) But at the same time, I don't want the showings to stop because they are what will bring our buyer! Hmmm...

So, in the meanwhile, I'm trying to figure out where I can apply for that "PA Cleanest House" award! ;) We've become so used to having a very clean & orderly house that yesterday, after grocery shopping, the kitchen was full of bags & groceries - we almost panicked! LOL! Guess all these showing will help me become a better housewife!

So with that in mind, here is my P365 picture for today...
I'm calling it "SAHM" (stay-at-home-mom). Notice the pile of laundry on the table & the kid playing in the background! ;)

Comments

  1. May God reward you for your efforts! Dad

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hang in there - it's very difficult - I was there two years ago. Selling a small house on a busy street while trying to keep it spotless with a 2 year old & 3 month old!

    Keep the Faith - don't forget, it's all about faith -- I think that's my word of the year.

    Your super cute house is in my prayers --

    ReplyDelete
  3. I put in your "application" ;-) Your efforts WILL NOT go unnoticed!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Thank you for visiting!

Popular posts from this blog

The Babe in the Manger

DIY Moving Announcements

Portrait: Loving Summer