My trip to Archiver's

Last week, we celebrated our 5th wedding anniversary by taking a 3-day trip to St. Louis. I had been "begging" my husband for a while already to take me to Archiver's - I had never been to one yet. So when we went to St. Louis, he did! And he gave me $50 to spend! :) Of course, upon entering the store, I immediately realized that $50 wasn't nearly enough for all I'd "need". I decided it was best not to mention that to my dear husband though, for fear that he'd have a heart attack! ;) Since I'd never been to Archiver's before, I was in for a real treat! WOW!!! I loved it! What a fantastic place!!!! I could have spent all day in there and easily spent $500! I fell in love with Basic Grey papers - some really gorgeous papers! I saw so many things I would love to get... someday. ;)

And about that $50 I went in with, well, here's what I came out with...
Yep! That's right! Exactly 1 penny! My total was $49.99 - am I good, or what?! LOL! My husband could hardly believe it when I showed him the receipt. I had the lady at the register keep track so I wouldn't go over $50 and we went back & forth on things until it came to $49.99! Too funny! Yes, I'll have to scrap that one! ;)

Oh, here are the things I got. I know it doesn't look like $50 worth of stuff, but it all adds up quickly. I got...
*8 sheets of patterned paper (some of it is Basic Grey) (I really had to restrain myself here, since I LOVE patterned papers!)
*Tattered Angels Glimmer Mist - Pearl (I've already used it several times & love it!)
* 2 things of Distress Stickles - Faded Jeans & Antique Linen
* Color Box Cat's Eye ink pad set
* 2 Color Box fluid chalk ink pads - Olive Pastel & Chestnut Roan
* Marvy 2" scalloped circle punch (I've been wanting this for quite a while & was thrilled to finally get it!)
* a little something for my RAK! :) (not pictured)

So, if you've never had a chance to visit Archiver's, you'll want to make sure to go sometime! Just make sure you have a lot of time & at least $50! :)

Comments

  1. I am so jealous! I would love to actually go to an Archiver's but I am sure that I wouldn't be able to show as much restraint as you did, lol!

    Can't wait to see what you make!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm glad you had a good time! Next time I will try and get over there to meet you.

    ReplyDelete
  3. That's sounds like a nice anniversary trip you had. :) Congrats to you too!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Congrats on 5 years!

    Oh, I've never been to Archiver's, but it is on my bucket list. Just the ambiance the store looks like it has makes me want to go there - even if it's not for the product!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I've never heard of the store...but I'll have to convince my hubbie that I NEED to visit one! We pass through St. Louis a lot and when he goes to Bass Pro (and takes my daughters lol) maybe he'll drop me off and Archiver's - Maria

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Thank you for visiting!

Popular posts from this blog

The Babe in the Manger

DIY Moving Announcements

Portrait: Loving Summer