Safe in the Arms of Jesus

For those of you who don't know, today is
National Pregnancy & Infant Loss Awareness Day.

This day hits me personally as I lost 2 pregnancies in the same year. With the first miscarriage, I was 14 weeks along and thought everything was going great and had absolutely no signs of trouble. But when my doctor check for the heartbeat, it was no where to be found and an ultrasound confirmed it, it was very evident that our baby was in Heaven. My second miscarriage happened at only 6 weeks along. I found out in the morning that I was pregnant & by that afternoon, I knew that I was having another miscarriage. The dates were April 17, 2007 and July 20, 2007. Needless to say, my husband & I were heartbroken from both! But we were able to rest in the peace of knowing that our little babies are...

Safe in the Arms of Jesus

Safe in the arms of Jesus, safe on His gentle breast,
There by His love o’ershaded, sweetly my soul shall rest.

Hark! ’tis the voice of angels, borne in a song to me.

Over the fields of glory, over the jasper sea.


Safe in the arms of Jesus, safe from corroding care,

Safe from the world’s temptations, sin cannot harm me there.

Free from the blight of sorrow, free from my doubts and fears;

Only a few more trials, only a few more tears!

~hymn by Fannie Crosby

One of the greatest comforts from our loss was knowing that our babies never had to suffer through this world's wickedness as the last verse this hymn states... no sin, sorrow, doubts & fears, no trials or tears... only safe in the arms of Jesus!

I have begun a mini album in memory of my babies in Heaven, but have yet to finish it. It's not exactly an easy subject to scrap about. Here is one of the layouts I made portraying the question that has always laid in the back of our minds, Were You a Boy or Girl?


Also, I'd like to take this post to note something that I've wanted to post from the time I started this blog, but never knew when to do it. When my first little baby went to Heaven, I had to have a D&C and the remains had to be cremated and were spread the Rose Garden in Allentown, PA. The rose in the title of my blog is from that Rose Garden.

2 comments:

  1. {hugs} thank you for sharing your story, and the symbolic nature of the rose on your header. makes me cry. bless you friend

    ReplyDelete
  2. I always feel for those who lose children, however old they may be. I hope and pray that doesn't happen to us, but the Lord always knows what is best. I'm so looking forward to seeing our first baby in the flesh in just a few months. No matter how much I worry about her at times, I have to remind myself of what you said, that she is safe in the arms of Jesus no matter what.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for visiting!