New Book!

First of all, I apologize for the long delay in posting on my blog. It's been a busy several weeks & "life happens". Lots of things going on... birthday cards to make, card set to make for a missionary, my mom's new book, vehicle accident, church activities and more... not to mention the normal things at home like laundry, cleaning and taking care of 2 active little boys! Oi!!! But that's what makes life fun & exciting, right?! ;) Otherwise, I'd be sitting around twiddling my thumbs wondering what to do next.

So, my mom's new book...
For those of you who don't know, I was born into an Amish family. My parents grew up Amish & all they ever knew was the Amish religion & lifestyle. When I was 3 years old, my parents began to read & study their Bible and realized that their "good works" would not get them to Heaven and salvation is only by believing & trusting in the blood of Christ. They were shunned by the Amish and left the religion & lifestyle. Thankfully, they found a good solid church and as I grew older, I also accepted Christ as my Saviour. A couple years ago, my mom began to feel very burdened about writing a book about their story of leaving the Amish. She finished the book this Spring and received her first printed copies last month! It's a great book & I highly recommend you get it and read it! She has a website where you can read more about it & order it... The Greater Inheritance

Well, I've run out of time, so I'll have to post my cards later. Sorry! Take a look at my mom's book in the meanwhile! ;)

4 comments:

  1. Rosa what an awesome story. I ordered 3 copies [1 for me & 2 for gifts]. I can't wait to get the book and read it! {{HUGS}}

    ReplyDelete
  2. What an incredible story! I always wondered about "Amish" life, meaning, it always intrigued me. Looking forward to reading it!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Was just waiting to order it until some "business stuff" was wrapped up, so now I get to! Can't wait to read it!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Glad you all are getting the book! :) It should give you some insight into my life as well. ;) Hope you'll enjoy it!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for visiting!