Cards, cards, and more cards...

Amidst the crazy life here, I did manage to make a few cards... we won't talk about how long it has taken me to share them! ;)

On this first card, I tried a new technique using colored pencils & odorless mineral spirits on my stamped image. The image I inked in various colors using brush markers. It was very tedious, but fun! I love trying new things! Next time, I'll not try something quite so complex! I believe the image is from Hero Arts, but I'm not certain since I got it from a friend who had it for quite a while.
gamsol,card

This next one, I made as a set of 6 cards for a missionary care package. I clear embossed the background using an Autumn Leaves stamp. Then I punched the butterflies with my Martha Stewart punch (love that thing!), layered them on the circles & added a little bit of diamond Stickles. Pretty simple, but I love how it came out! I also did one with orange, yellow & red butterflies for a dear friend's birthday.
card,martha stewart,stickles,embossing

This next card is one that I've been wanting to try for a long time, but need a special occasion to do it. So I decided to make it for my sister-in-law's birthday. I used a mulberry paper (think that's what it's called!) for the pot and then cut the flowers out on my Cricut and added a little bit of Stickles. It was a little tricky getting it all together, but fun to do!
card,flower pot,cricut

I liked making the flower card so much that I decided to try it again for my other sister-in-law's birthday! I thought I'd experiment a little... This time, I used plain black cardstock for the pot, but I embossed it to add some interest. Loved how it came out! I didn't have time to cut out a bunch of flowers on the Cricut, so I grabbed my jar of silk flowers and added them instead. Anyone know of a good adhesive for silk flowers? I had a hard time getting those things to stick!
card,flower pot,embossing

And just to prove to my brother (who has wonderful DSLR!) that a point & shoot camera CAN take decent close ups... (click on it to see the details!)
card,flower pot,embossing
How's that?! ;p

Thanks for stopping by & taking a look at my work! Hopefully, I'll get better with this blogging stuff soon! ;)

Comments

Post a Comment

Thank you for visiting!

Popular posts from this blog

The Babe in the Manger

DIY Moving Announcements

Portrait: Loving Summer