Stamped Cards

I've been trying to catch up on some card making lately. I'd love to be able to get a dozen or two done in a day, but unfortunately, I just can't accomplish that unless I have the house to myself all day, which is highly improbable! So, in the meanwhile, I do what I can! ;) Here are a couple of my recent ones...

On this one, I started of by stamping the "just because" phrase (from Heidi Swapp) and temporarily covering it with a mask. (stamp the exact same image on a separate piece of paper, cut it out close to the image & adhere it over your first image with removable adhesive - now you can stamp over it without disturbing your first image!) Next, I stamped flourishes (from Autumn Leaves set) on the background and then embossed it with clear embossing powder. There's not color to it, only texture. I removed the mask I had made - no flourishes on my words! (I love that technique!) Next, I found my sheet of vellum flowers that I've had for a long, long time and cut out one of the flowers and adhered it to my scalloped circle. I used a foam square to raise it up off of the card a little. It was pretty easy to do & I really liked how it came out. (inspired by Dallas)


This next one was pretty easy as well. I was inspired by "debstamps" on Flickr. I simply stamped my flowers on red cardstock and then embossed them with white embossing powder. Next, I cut them out and adhered them to the card, using my foam squares on some of them. To finish it up, I just stamped my sentiment. The most consuming part was cutting out the flowers, but even that didn't take very long. I love simplicity! :)

Comments

  1. Simply beautiful and elegant!!

    I've used white ink and clear embossing powder with my watercoloured flowers but hadn't thought of using it on a dark card stock so I'm going to try this :o)

    ReplyDelete
  2. That white one with red flowers is gorgous! Love those flowers.

    ReplyDelete
  3. You flatter me! Thanks for sharing and making my day today!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Thank you for visiting!

Popular posts from this blog

The Babe in the Manger

DIY Moving Announcements

Portrait: Loving Summer