Using SCAL on a Card

The creative person in me frequently finds the need to express itself and when time runs short, making a card is a quick "fix"!


This card was a little more detailed and involved than most cards I make. All of the elements on this card were cut out on my Cricut using my SCAL program. (by the way, SCAL is on sale for a good price right now HERE!) The vine, butterfly, scalloped oval and scalloped rectangle frame were adjusted from original downloads to suit what I needed for the card. The dark brown squiggly border, however, I created myself - a new experience and quite fun! I actually just "welded" a bunch of "§" symbols together! I love how it came out!

As you can see, I also used my sewing machine on the card in a couple areas. (I did this before putting the card together) I used only plain cardstock, but dressed it up some by using the polka-dot stamp from Stampabilities on the light brown/yellow paper. Other stamps used were Studio G. Then, I hand-doodled the butterfly's flight pattern. :)


Thanks for stopping by! 
Have a fun, creative week!!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for visiting!